Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where are your classes taught?  I currently teach my classes at the U.S. Shooting Academy located at 6500 E. 66th St. N. in Tulsa.  The classroom instruction and firing range experience are on the same property.
  2. What does the class cost?  The standard fee for the conceal and carry class is $60.00.   This fee includes classroom instruction, informational handouts, range fees, targets, a pizza lunch and soft drinks for the day.     When     the Home Defense class is available, the standard price will be $75.00 and will include  similar additional items as found in the conceal and carry class.
  3. How long is the class? According to state regulations there must be eight hours of instruction which includes demonstrating competency on the firing range, and scoring a minimum of 70% on a written test.
  4. How much does a carry permit cost? A five-year permit cost $100.     A 10 year permit cost $200.   Renewal pricing is slightly reduced.
  5. Will my carry permit from another state transfer to the state of Oklahoma? No they do not.
  6. What’s the minimum age requirement to get a permit? For most people the minimum age is 21 for some veterans and active-duty military personnel the minimum age can be 18.

        7. Can I get my money back if the application is not approved? No those funds are not refundable.

  1. How long does it take to get my permit? If you apply online, the process is much quicker and you can receive your permit within 30 to 45 days.  If you use the US mail to send in your application process can take 60 to 90 days.
  2. Do I have to have an Oklahoma drivers license or Oklahoma State ID card? Yes one of these documents is required     in order to apply for your permit. It must also be carried with your permit anytime you’re carrying your firearm.
  3. How long do I have to be a resident of the state of Oklahoma? There is no minimum time period set for this.
  4. Can military personnel stationed in Oklahoma get an Oklahoma concealed carry license? Yes, if you have permanent change of station orders for a military installation in Oklahoma.
  5. Do I have to register my handgun in the state of Oklahoma? No Oklahoma does not require you to register your     handgun.
  6. Do I have to be a US citizen? Yes applicants must be citizens of the United States.
  7. Can I carry in Oklahoma if I have a permit from another state? Yes Oklahoma recognizes any valid permit from another state.


Share on Social Media
Follow by Email